- 07/00-Present: Principal Systems Engineer, Cisco Systems, Herndon, VA
- 12/17-Present: Principal Systems Engineer – World Wide Enterprise Networking Sales. Responsible for Wide Area Network Design and Architectures.
- 07/12-12/17: Communications Architect – World Wide Enterprise Networking Sales and Strategy. Responsible for Wide Area Network Design and Architectures.
- 12/05-07/12: Consulting Systems Engineer – Federal Civilian Agencies Operation Herndon, VA Responsible for supporting Civilian Agencies in the United States focused on the National Capital Area. Supporting Systems Engineers focusing on complex network designs.
- 07/00-11/05: Systems Engineer – Federal Civilian Herndon, VA Responsible for organizations within the Treasury, Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Agriculture (USDA), and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), including Office of the Secretary, The National Institutes of Health, Food and Drug Administration, and others in the Washington, DC area.
- 02/00-06/00: Senior Network Engineer, User Technology Associates, Arlington, VA
- 02/00-06/00: Involved in Network Infrastructure Operations for the Department of Labor, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management (OASAM). Manager of the OASAM Network Infrastructure Team (NIT); a 6-person team responsible for all Core, Distribution, and Access level equipment. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Employee Computer Network (ECN), and DOL Shared Resources Departmental Computer Network (DCN). The ECN connects the Washington DC office with 10 regional offices and 5 sub-offices, across the United States. The DCN connects all departments within DOL to agency wide shared resources. Current projects include: design and implementation of a hybrid ATM/Frame Relay network under FTS2001, replacing point-to-point WAN circuits; conversion of all offices from Synoptics 3000 shared hubs to switched Fast Ethernet using Cisco Catalyst 5000 and 6000 series switches; implementation of TACACS+ security on all routers and switches; implementation of network management system.
- 10/98-01/00: Senior Network Engineer, Digicon Corporation, Rockville, MD
- 11/99-01/00: Involved in Network Operations for the Agency for Healthcare Research Quality (AHRQ), a division of Health and Human Services. Involved in the day-to-day operations of a 450 user LAN/WAN in three offices, backbone comprised of Cabletron 6000’s bridging the offices together via Bell Atlantic’s ATM Network. Tasks included the planning and installation of an Axent Raptor firewall, installation and configuration of backup WAN links, conversion of agency name from AHCPR to AHRQ.
- 06/99-10/99: Involved in the migration of Wide Area Network from AT&T to Sprint within the FTS2000 contract for the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). Implementation of Network Management system, in order to monitor and determine bandwidth availability and needs for future growth. Implementation of Internet Connectivity using multiple firewalls and network address translation of private Intranet networks over Internet connections at central offices. Installation and configuration of 3COM Networking Hardware to include NetBuilder Routers, CoreBuilder and SuperStack Gigabit and Fast Ethernet Switches, and Total Control Hubs.
- 11/98-06/99: Migration of DCAA network from using Lotus cc:Mail on Novell NetWare 4.11, to Microsoft Exchange on Windows NT 4.0. This migration involved the deployment of a Frame Relay Wide Area Network using 3COM Routers to connect 2 central offices with 5 regional offices and 100 plus remote offices across the United States. The implementation also included connectivity for offices overseas to include Hawaii, Germany, Japan and Korea.
- 10/98-11/98: Migration of DC Air National Guard from Banyan Vines and Beyond Mail, to Windows NT and Exchange. Used the Lightspeed (VMT), Vines Migration Tool, from Lightspeed Systems to accomplish the conversion.
- 10/96-10/98: Member Technical Staff, SMS Data Products Group, Inc., Sterling, VA
- 9/98-10/98: Worked on the configuration and deployment of Cisco Catalyst 5500 and LS1010 equipment for Air Force Operations Group and C2ADP. This involved the testing and installation of multiple network backbones within the Segment 1 Pentagon Renovation area. Connections included 10/100TP, 100BaseFX, 10BaseFL, FDDI, OC-3 and OC-12.
- 7/98-9/98: Responsible for the deployment, configuration, and transition to four equipment rooms housing all Navy backbone connectivity within the Pentagon. This was implemented in order for Pentagon Wedge 1 demolition to begin. All backbone equipment was moved from Wedge 1 centralized distribution to Satellite Rooms, to Wedge 5 to Equipment Rooms feeding Satellite Rooms.
- 11/97-7/98: Member New Capabilities Implementation Response Team (NCIRT). Responsible for configuration and deployment of new applications and centralized server resources on the Department of the Navy Head Quarters Network, working for the Information Network Program Office located at the Washington Navy Yard. Responsibilities include maintaining standard workstation images, on a Metropolitan Area Network spanning Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC.
- 10/96-10/97: Responsible for third-level user support from centralized help desk for the Department of the Navy Head Quarters Network, working for the Information Network Program Office located at the Pentagon. Responsibilities include maintenance of 5000 user unclassified LAN and 3000 user classified LAN. Both LAN’s running Windows NT Server, on Compaq Proliant 5000 and DEC Alpha’s, utilizing the full Microsoft BackOffice. Client workstations running Windows 95, Windows for Workgroups, and Windows NT Workstation.
- 06/93-10/96: Manager of Information Services, Carr Goodson Lee & Warner, Washington, DC
- Responsible for maintenance of firm’s computer systems, including installation and configuration of new computers and software. Supervisor of a three server Novell NetWare 3.1x networking system with 130 users. Problem solver for end users. Maintain Mitel SX-200 telephone system. Support and assist in the development of the firm’s imaging system. Manage system for opening new cases and checking for conflicts. Maintenance of Internet-connected systems.
- 06/91-05/93: Computer Technician, Computer Information Resource Center, George Washington University, Washington, DC
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE R&S) #6508
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Service Provider (CCIE SP) #6508
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE Security) #6508
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – NO LONGER MAINTAINED
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GCSC) – NO LONGER MAINTAINED
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Sales Expert (CSX)
- Novell Master Certified NetWare Engineer (MCNE), Infrastructure & Advanced Access
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Windows 2000
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Windows NT 3.51 & 4.0 Track
Programming in C, C++, Pascal, Ada, Lex, YACC, SQL, Scheme, Prolog, and Assembly
- Installation and configuration of Unix-based systems, working knowledge of TCP/IP, with experience compiling and installing necessary software for Domain Name Services (DNS/Bind), Internet E-Mail (SMTP/Sendmail and Postfix), WWW Services (HTTP/Apache), Usenet News Services (NNTP/INN), and Dynamic Host Configuration (DHCP/Internet Software Consortium).
- Use and configuration of Linux operating system to host WWW, FTP and Firewall systems
- Managing workstation connections on a Novell NetWare and Windows NT Domain based Networking systems
- Installation and Configuration of Novell NetWare 3.1x, 4.x & 5.0, and Windows NT 3.51, 4.0 & Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008 LAN Operating Systems
- Working Knowledge of HP-UX on HP9000, Sun OS on 680×0 and Sparc, Sun Solaris on 680×0, Sparc, Ultra-Sparc and x86, Dynix on Sequent SMP x86, and Linux on Intel and Alpha processors
- Installation and Configuration of network management and monitoring tools, to include HP Openview Network Node Manager, CiscoWorks, Cisco Info Center (CIC) / Micromuse NetCool, MRTG, and others
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of Popular Software titles from Microsoft, Corel, Lotus, and others